What to bring with you
- I’ve double checked course dates
A ten day course actually spans 12 days in total. Please double check your course finish date and make plans accordingly.
- I know how to get to the centre
For directions see Getting Here
- I have the center’s phone number +94 812 385 774 +94 822 800 057
- I have packed everything I need
Required Items (Not Provided)
- Alarm Clock, flashlight, and batteries for both.
(You may not use your cell phone or other personal electronic device as an alarm clock)
- Thermos Flask
- Drinking water bottle
- Umbrella/ Raincoat, sweater/ shawl and slippers
- Mosquito repellent / cream, if required by you
- Passport and valid visa documents in case of all non-Sri Lankans. All Sri Lankans should bring their National Identity Card (NIC)
Enough comfortable, loose fitting, modest, “somewhat baggy” clothing for the duration of your stay: pants or skirts that cover your knees when you are meditating (when sitting either on a chair or on the floor), T-shirts without distracting images and words. If you have tattoos, please bring clothing to cover them so they do not distract others. These guidelines allow other students to focus on their meditation more easily.
For the comfort of the other students, please do not bring any perfumes or scented creams, powders, lotions, etc. You may bring the following items for your use:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Bathing soap
- Shampoo / conditioner
- Unscented deodorant / lotion
- Toilet paper
- Shaving / female sanitary supplies
- Any prescribed medication you are taking. Please make sure you bring enough for the entire course
- Indoor footwear/slippers: easy slip-ons e.g. clogs, flip flops, etc.
- Meditation cushions: We supply a large base cushion and a small sitting cushion for every student. Knee cushions are also available. Please feel free to bring your own cushion(s) that you may need or feel comfortable with.
- Bedding: sleeping pillow, mattress and mosquito net. Please bring your own bed sheet and pillow case. The Centre has a limited supply of extra bed sheets and pillow cases, so if you are unable to bring your own please inform us as ahead of time.
Do not bring
- Tight, transparent, revealing or otherwise striking clothing (such as low risers, shorts, short skirts, tights, leggings, sleeveless, tank, low-cut or skimpy tops) should not be worn at the center. Modest dress is required for both men and women.
- books, diaries, journals and other reading/writing materials
- smartphones or tablets (These cannot be used as a watch or an alarm clock during the course)
- electronic equipment such as personal computers
- musical instruments
- personal food items
- tobacco in any form
- non-prescribed drugs (you may bring supplements and vitamins with permission)
- perfumes or strongly scented toiletries
- religious or spiritual objects
- jewelry or other unnecessary valuables
If you arrive with any of these items you will be asked to leave them with management or lock them in your car until the course ends.